Cystic acne is perhaps the worst type of acne, which is painful too. It is like a localized infection, which results from choked oil ducts and skin pores. However, there are many techniques to get rid of this intimidating form of acne at home.
How to treat cystic acne at home?
* Wash the affected area daily, at least twice a day, with a good antibacterial cleanser such as Zenmed Facial Cleansing Gel. A bacterium is primarily responsible for worsening cystic acne and even prolonging its life. Therefore, it is essential to keep the affected area clean and free from excess oil or sweat. Makeup can also aggravate cystic acne. So, it is better to remove it, before sleeping. Properly cleanse your face twice a day.
* On the affected area, put on a deep cleaning mask. Your mask should primarily consist of ingredients like citric acid and mud. These ingredients are primarily responsible for drying out the oily skin and eliminating cystic acne.
* Use an acne treatment cream and apply a thin layer of it over the cyst. It is preferable, if you go for a cream, which comprises of benzoyl peroxide as it effectively fights with acne. There are several drug stores or cosmetic shops from where you may find cream containing benzoyl peroxide.
* You may even mix baking soda with equal amount of water to create a paste. Then, apply this paste over the acne. Allow the paste to remain on the affected area for almost 20 minutes. What actually happens is that baking soda absorbs excess oil and removes the bacteria. This way, the cystic acne disappears.
* Now, it is also equally important to intake a healthy and balanced diet. Nutrients are vital for a healthy and supple skin. Therefore, you should try to consume as much vitamins or minerals as you can. Eat natural food items, vegetables, fruits, and alike. Avoid junk food. And, lastly drink plenty of water. This would keep your skin hydrated and free from bacteria.
* You should also use a hot compress and apply it on cystic acne. The heat provided would pull out pus present beneath the surface of the skin. It would make the acne less painful and reduce the swelling considerably. You would notice your cystic acne disappearing and becoming less noticeable. What you can do is, simply immerse a cloth in hot water and put it on the cyst. Hold it for 10 minutes.
* Do not pick or squeeze the acne. It would leave a scar.
* In case these home remedies don't work, consult a dermatologist.
So, now that you know some effective home remedies, don't waste time and free yourself from cystic acne.